The task of the electrical unit protection is to detect electrical failures and inadmissible operation of the generator, generator bus bar, excitation system, generator transformer and other existence transformer(Station transformer, unit auxiliary transformer) and disconnect faulty circuits with speed and certainly without interference healthy circuits. The mechanical turbine and generator protection is independent from the electrical protection. The generator protection and synchronizing cubicles will be delivered in fully wired and tested cubicles, ready for connection. An RE.216 protection system comprises at least an electronic equipment rack Type 216MB62 or 216MB68 with the electronic modules inserted (plug-in units) and a number of I/O units, which are in effect the interface with the primary plant, resp. the process.
An automatic synchronizing unit is furnished for connecting the generator unit to the grid via the generator circuit breaker. It is also possible to connect via the circuit breakers in HV substation if the generator circuit breaker is already closed.
The universal transducers allow measurement of all electrical quantities occurring in any network in a single unit. Especially in power plants and substations transducers are used for isolation of electrical signals and for further processing of measured values.
Combined meters in which is provided for power metering on generator output and for power metering on unit auxiliary transformer
- Protection be applicable at different generator types and power plants
- (Primary Nominal Current from 1kA up to 120kA and Primary Nominal Voltage from 0kV up to 600kV)
- Synchronizing be applicable at different Single line of power plants and Substations
- The implemented functions fulfil the protection requirements for direct connection and unit connection schemes
- With two REG216 relay that each of them has two CPU, two input card, two output card flexible redundancy concepts are possible in protection
- Direct read out from the relays and stored on a disk.
- Operating program CAP216 with online help
- Acquisition of all relevant measured values
- Storage of events in buffers (disturbance recording, event log and trip log buffers)
- Flexible tripping concepts (Tripping matrix, lockout or master relay tripping)
- Disturbance recorder with instantaneous or rms values (calculated values, every cycle)
- The devices adjustment can be done just using a PC and the CAP216‑Software.
- All specific data are stored in EEPROM circuits in which the information is kept also if the device is switched off. (Batteries are not necessary.)
- Insensitive to VT and CT errors, transient conditions and interferences.
- In Synchrozing relay,High reliability of the CLOSE command forming through the TWO out of TWO decision(Synchrotact5)
- The automatic dual channel synchronizer SYNCHROTACT 5, type SYN 5202 includes a synchrocheck as second channel to fulfil maximum safety requirements.
- For redundant manual synchronizing, a separate synchrocheck SYNCHROTACT 5, type SYN 5200 with its own hardware and power supply is used.
- Consideration of the transformer vector group and the position of the tap changer
- Balancing commands for voltage and speed (Voltage and frequency matching)
- Synchronisation record (instantaneous or rms)
- Synchron easy Commissioning (CB-time measurement with recorder function, test synchronisation)
- The reliability of synchron relay will be increased with additional supervision principles
- Measuring system, using Transducers
- Measurement of all electrical quantities in a single unit
- All data freely parameterizable
- The output signal is for e.g. -10 to 0 to 10 mA,± 20 mA, 4 to 20 A, 0 to 10 V, etc.
- Accuracy acc. to IEC 60688
- Metering system, using Landis & Gyr Energy Meters
- Retransmission contacts :No, 4 changeover or 8 make contacts
- Quadrant splitting (4 quadrant measurement)
- Reactive energy in class 1 possible (cl. 2 performed by IEC)
- Active energy in class 0.2S possible(cl. 0.5S performed by IEC)
- Standard protocols for communication
- More measurement quantities like single phases, U, I, VA
- Excellent measurement behaviour (both energy directions)
- Two redundant auxiliary DC supply units
- Standard features of numerical relays
- International protection standards (IEC,ANSI)
- Hardware and software based on REG216
- Time Synchronization with GPS or other systems
- Userfriendly Softwre
- Extension and new combination of functions
- Self supervision of hardware and software
- High sensitivity and a wide frequency operating range of protection & Synchronizing functions
- Insensitive to VT and CT errors,transient conditions and interferences
- All implemented protection functions run in parallel without limitations (functionality depends on the connection)
- Variety of generator synchron modes
- Synchronizing in local and remote control panels are available
- All relays are maintenance free
- Automatic synchronisation of generators
- Synchrocheck at manual synchronisation of generators
- Switching of dead busbar or dead line
- Commissioning support
- High precision measuring-metering system
- All requirements for measuring-metering system guaranteed according to IEC 62053-22 (former 60687)